Change to operating hours
1. In order to limit road traffic congestion on the A15 and the Botlekbrug route during the A15 roadworks in the AM/PM workday rush hours from 6:00 - 8:59 AM and from 3:00 - 5:59 PM, starting from Saturday 1 October 2011, the operating hours for the Botlekbrug will be changed as follows:
2. Monday to Friday, set openings at:
6:00, 6:30, 7:00, 7:30, 8:00 and 8:30 AM.
3:00, 3:30, 4:00, 4:30, 5:00 and 5:30 PM.
3. Any shipping requiring an opening during the set operating hours, should report to the Botlekbrug Bridge Master at least 1 hour prior to the opening.
During the set operating hours, the Botlekbrug will not be opened for recreational craft.
The set opening times may be altered for vessels with time commitments.
4. Monday to Friday, operating on request from:
12:00 - 5:59 AM, 9:00 AM - 2:59 PM and 6:00 PM - 12:00 AM.
5. Saturday, Sunday, public holidays and during holiday periods, operating on request from:
24 hours a day.
6. The Bridge Master may deviate from the set opening hours should it appear that a vessel that has already reported, will be unable to meet the fixed opening hours and the volume of road traffic allows for this. This remains at the discretion of the Botlekbrug Bridge Master.
7. Additional information regarding the Botlekbrug's set operating hours can be found on the website www.portofrotterdam.com/Botlekbrug.
8. As soon as the roadworks on the A15 and the building of the new Botlekbrug have been completed, the above set operating hours will no longer apply.
This will be announced to shipping.
9. Information can be obtained from:
- The Botlekbrug Bridge Master, telephone number 010 -252 26 50 or
VHF channel 18;
- The Traffic Management Duty Officer, Traffic Central Rotterdam
telephone number 010-252 26 01 or VHF channel 11;
- The PCC Duty Officer, Port Coordination Centre
telephone number 010-252 24 00 or VHF channel 19;
The ROTTERDAM HARBOUR MASTER
also State Harbour Master, Rotterdam - Rijnmond region
14 September 2011